- International Research Project.
- Internships in Food processing Units.
- Examining and enhancing the quality control procedures throughout the entire production process.
- Studying precarious problems and possible solutions regarding food safety and quality Selecting the ideal raw materials.
- Taking steps to meet the hygiene and nutritional requirements in the food industry.
- M.Sc. in Food Technology is a two-year postgraduate course designed for the fundamental understanding of the production of food, its packaging and its hygiene. The course also introduces the understanding of nutrition constituent in different types of food along with the various processes during its production.
- M.Sc. in Food Technology helps students explore the genetic structure of plants and crops and to find out alternative sources of nutrition required for the human body. It is an advanced course that finds its application in the agriculture sector, food manufacturing industries and food packaging companies. The course helps students explore the latest technologies and science to improvise the consumption, packaging, safety and hygiene of food items.
- Students with research skills and a desire to make a career in the field that involves improvisation of food processing and production can opt for MSc. Food Technology. Throughout the programme, students acquire the knowledge associated with food science and technology. They get detailed knowledge about subjects, which they can apply at the professional level.
- India, being the second largest producer of food in terms of calorific value, holds a vast number of opportunities and scopes for further advancement and development in the food production industry. A dynamic and well-developed food technology system ensures reduction in wastage of perishable agricultural produce, enhancing the shelf life of products, value addition to agricultural production, maximization in the use of available resources, generation of employment, enhancing the income of farmers and expanding the scope for diversification and commercialization of agriculture.
- Food technology involves various aspects of science to develop and design innovative processing technologies, improve food quality and nutritive value, enhance the safety, wholesomeness & availability of our food supply. It involves study of characteristics of food, its nutritional composition, reactions and changes that take place at various levels of processing and storage, microbiological aspect of food to prevent spoilage and enhance shelf life. Professionals work to improve manufacturing methods through new processing, preservation and packaging technologies.
- A food technologist is not only involved in the food processing, but also in designing of the food plant and various equipment used in processing.
- We at Renaissance University aim to nurture and facilitate the students to progress and achieve their greatest potentials in the field of food technology.
- We take it as our duty to acquire the students with the technical, scientific, and industrial understanding of the food technology world using the underlying science of the field along with equipping them with necessary skills for the modern-day technological advancements.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN GOVERNMENT SECTOR IN INDIA
- The Food Corporation of India (FCI)
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
- Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Ministry of Food Processing Industries
- APEDA, MPEDA, NABARD, NAFED, MAFED, BARC
- State & Central Food Laboratories
- State Govt: Food Safety Officer/Food Inspector
- CFTRI, IICPT, DFRL, NIFTEM – Scientist/Asst. Professor
- ICAR (ARS) Scientist
40,000 /- yearly