Theories of Clothing Origin –
Fashion Cycles –
2. Length of fashion cycles – Cycles for long-lived fashions, Cycles for short-lived fashions, Breaks in cycles, Cycles within cycles, Recurring cycles Fashion leaders and followers – Fashion leaders, Fashion motivations, Fashion innovators, Fashion victims, Fashion Followers.
Elements and Principles of Design –
2. Study& Exploration of principles of design–Unity, harmony, balance, emphasis/ dominance, rhythm, proportion
2. Yarns: Introduction, Types-ply yarns, novelty yarn, textured yarn. Manufacturing process- spinning systems.
3. Fabric forming methods weaving, knitting, netting and non-woven and its application in apparel.
4. Printing: Introduction, Equipment, process, Types, Advantages, disadvantages and end uses
Method of teaching –
2. Women Empowerment through education, awareness and legal issues.
3. Communication Skills – Approach, Types, Uses and recent trends.
4. Role of fashion education in personal growth and professional development.